Thursday, February 25, 2010

Hyannis Half


Well, I'm leaving tonight to begin my weekend vacation which will eventually lead me to my 6th half marathon which I am running with my girlfriend to accompany her on her first half. Clearly this will not be a PR (1:45:17) attempting run because Morgan hasn't been running these longer distances as long as I have, so she hasn't quite built up the speed yet; but I can't wait to see her face when she crosses that finish line and feels the great sense of accomplishment. The weather is looking a little chilly with the possibility of an accompanying rain or snow shower but as of right now only 30%. I'm also running with my dad, and my Aunt in the half marathon. My dad will probably beat Morgan and I by a few minutes. He's ran one other half marathon in a 2:09ish time. My aunt has run one half and one full, with her half time around 2:45 so Morgan and I should beat that. Also running in the even is my sister, who only began running about 4-5 months ago, and she is doing the associated 10k. She ran a 5 miler on Thanksgiving 2009 morning in just under an hour, so I expect her to be around a 1:15 for the 6.2. We're going to have a lot of support; my mom, my sister's boyfriend, my uncle (aunt's husband), Morgan's mom and her mom's friend will all be around to cheer us on.

Also, there are about 20 Dailymilers (http://www.dailymile.com) who will also be running in the race, so it would be nice to meet some of them!

We have a hotel, so we are going down to Hyannis on Saturday to attend the race expo, and to relax, and we have extended checkout on race day, so we have until 3pm after the race to go back and take a shower/celebrate/etc. All in all I am greatly looking forward to my favorite race distance, and looking forward to enjoying this weekend race experience with my girlfriend. I will post pictures and results in my next post.

Till then!

Cheers everyone!

1 comment:

  1. It's great that it's such a family affair! Good luck to all.

    ReplyDelete